Meditator Spotlight

  


        July 1-11 retreat.



Here is the experience of one of our retreaters from the July 1-11 retreat this year.  This experience highlights how powerful forgiveness meditation can be and the unexpected gifts that may come of this practice.  Here is the email I received from GS after his retreat.  


“..Hey :)


Once more, thank you for everything. 

 

While practicing forgiveness I was initially under the impression of controling the appereance of forgiveness in my heart space and not being able to control the distractions that took me away from it. 

 

Mainly because the act of voicing a statement of forgiveness in my head was sensed like I was taking that action, more so because the feeling of forgiveness always happened after the statement. 

 

Out of pure chance, in a moment of a seamless 6R, my awareness just happened to rest on the space in my heart that I return to after every 6R, and that clear watching mind presenced the feeling of forgiveness slowly happening there and I wasn’t even close to even thinking of repeating the statement. 

 

It was a perfect example of lack of control, forgiveness rose on its own. 

 

🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯


This all happened just before the lunch bell, and with that rush of such a heartfelt sense of lack of control, I headed over to the Dining Hall and served myself a full plate of food.

 

Leaving the buffet line my eyes had been resting on the plate as I walked to the table and when I finally sat down it became very evident to me that I had had no control over receiving that food or any other food I've ever eaten for that matter. I understood that I have received something to eat every single day of my life, and it could have been as easily not the case. 

The rush of gratitude that I felt filled me with tears of joy.”

 

GS Puerto Rico, USA


Comments

  1. Joy! I am feeling an incredible closeness to his experience! Thank you so much for sharing. 🕊. Jackie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How wonderful! I'm so glad you could resonate with his experience!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts